Monday, June 06, 2005
New Experience: Tearing Out Carpet :)
Well, this week has begun well. I was once again in the kitchen baking a cake with rhubarb and apples. Then I volunteered to tear up carpet in a classroom. There is unity between the carpet and the floor so great machines and a chisel and hammer are used to rip the carpet from the floor. The dust was bad during the fifteen minuites that I chiseled so tomorrow I will have a bandana or cloth around my face to help with the dusty air. I was not downstairs tearing up carpet for too long because I was baking a cake with rhubarb and apples which was burning a little. It was three cakes to feed 30 people for an afternoon coffee tomorrow. Then on Wednesday morning we have missions morning. There will be a time of worship and then a snack around 10 a.m. I will begin preparing for the break after breakfast at 7:15 a.m.. The missions morning begins at 8 a.m. Elke will be sharing about her time in China. I look forward to that time of sharing and fellowship. Tomorrow morning I will be helping Alexandria cook lasagna for probably 30-40 people. I am definately getting experience in the kitchen. I also clean, and now hospitality has new carpet so the kitchen is open for business. No longer is there the dining room table and chairs taking up space. I will begin cleaning the kitchen tomorrow while finishing to clean some guest rooms. Life is full, but wonderful! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment