Monday, September 15, 2008

1500 Miles in 4 Days

I just came home to TN after a 4 day weekend in NC. It was full and refreshing! I visited 20 people in NC and SC. I traveled about 1500 miles to and from TN. 8 cups of caffeine in the form of coffee, a latte, or a mocha kept me awake. I stayed up 24 1/2 hours on Saturday to catch up with my best friend and had 4 hours of sleep on Sunday morning starting at 5 am. That was a record! I am happy to live in TN, but I miss my friends and family.

I had confirmation that relationships are important. Community is important, and I must take action to see results. As a recently single young lady in a new town, I must make the effort to develop friendships and meet new people. My church's meet and greet time becomes more comfortable as I get to know people. I will not know people as a result of saying hello every Sunday. I need to try to spend time with people outside of church so that there is something to talk about and a true concern on Sunday morning. At the moment, I sit near many strangers at church. That needs to change.

I am still enjoying my job as a call center agent. Over the past weekend, I started to lose my voice. That will be a problem - I need my voice to work! :) I hope to move in about a week or week and a half. It is my second move in 4 months. That will be an adjustment, and a welcome change.

I rediscovered my interest in philosophy during a recent visit to Barnes & Noble. I sipped coffee and browsed through a recent T.D. Jakes book and a few philosophy magazines. I discovered the topic of fuzzy logic. My first impressions of this logic are fuzzy and one of concern. Maybe I will spend more time sipping coffee and browsing philosophy and theology literature. I hope to post notes of recent studies. I still have the same interests I pursued in college. They may just rise to the surface in new ways.

I will end my notes after a 7 hour road trip today by commenting on my life in TN. Only God knows why I am in Nashville. It is a weird and amazing mystery to me. I do know that life so far has brought surprises, challenges, and growth. There may be clarity as I take one step at a time. At some point, I need to write an autobiography. My story has had too many interesting twists and turns to keep it to myself. Thanks for reading and encouraging me to write.

1 comment:

Mandy Devine said...

Glad you made it home safely and glad to see you're posting. Look forward to more...It was great to see you Sunday :-))