The following is a response to Psalm 119 I wrote during the School of Biblical Studies with Youth With a Mission in Wiler, Switzerland in 2002. I decided that it was time to share it with you. It is a prayer.
Show Me Your Ways
Show me your ways
That I may follow.
Reveal you Word to me
So that I may understand.
Your Word is the basis for life,
Answers for life's problems discovered.
Bring your Word to life
In my life so I may testify.
Your love is seen well
In your words and your ways.
May I know it full well
So I may share it with others.
Who fully understands you character?
Who fully understands your love?
Who desires to know more - not satisfied?
Open my eyes that I may walk with you.
The world is such a dark place.
People are blinded without realizing.
They think life is struggle, sorrow, and pain.
How can they know if people don't go?
Your heart is so big!
Reaching out to the world!
May the world be on our hearts.
Send us so we can go!
Go bring life to the lifeless.
Go bring hope to the hopeless.
Go bring direction for the lost.
Go bring sight to the blind.
May we know what we bring.
May we be able to communicate
So people understand.
Turn people's focus to you.
Show me your ways
So I may understand.
Send me out
So I may go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment