Saturday, January 10, 2009
In Too Deep
The day began in all the usual ways. I woke up early and departed from North Carolina after a great trip visiting friends and family. I was refreshed and ready to face life once again in Tennessee. The drive was over all very good. The weather was nice in North Carolina and South Carolina. The traffic was not backed up north of Atlanta. Though once I got through Atlanta, the day began to change. There were thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, and strong wind warnings throughout the area. I decided to stop in Chattanooga and visit my friend who was teaching during a church meeting. There were wet roads, pouring rain, and it was dark. I was told that I needed to turn into the second church parking lot. I turned into the wrong parking lot and in the process of turning around the front of my Toyota Camry starting to go under water. I thought: Not Again!, grabbed my purse and my cell phone before pushing the door open releasing a gush of water into the car. I waded waste deep out of the water and showed up on the doorstep of the church soaked asking for help. People thought that my car needed a little push, and they were shocked to discover the front of my car in water and my back lights advertising the peril state of my car. I saw the great character of the people at the service as they rescued most of my stuff from the car including the dry change of clothes in my suitcase. I talked to insurance and AAA during the service, stayed at the pastor's house, and received a phone call from the collision place that my car is totaled. Now I wait to have confirmation from my insurance. I guess that it is time for a new car! To top it off, this is the second time I totaled a car in 12 months. In April 2008, I ran off the side of the road and hopped over a big hole in the ground. What a year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Rebecca, I am soooo sorry to hear about your car. Glad your trip was good to that point though. Were you in Charlotte? I hope we didn't miss you! Alan & Tywonn are here living with us for a few weeks before heading for training at JAARS. They should be in Africa in April. Hope things work out with your insurance and you get everything taken care of...Love you girl! Mandy
Post a Comment