Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just Write!

This is what I am hearing God tell me.  He is telling me to just write :)  I write so inconsistently for this blog.  At this moment, I do not have an excuse.  I have no job yet, I just received my paycheck from August 10th, and I have only one day of classes.  Now is the perfect time to just write.

That is exactly what I will be doing right now.  I like to think of this as free writing.  I am not sure what words will flow through my fingers and onto this blog.  I pray that the words bring glory to God and encouragement to whoever reads this.  

I am right now sitting in a half-furnished room within an almost unfurnished townhouse.  God is still in control.  Allow me to explain.  I share a two bedroom townhouse about a mile from campus with a sweet Chinese lady named Ping.  She has the small bedroom and I have the large bedroom.  I am paying to share this room with someone, but so far I am the only one.  The space has helped me to settle after my move from Tennessee.  It has also worked out well since I had to leave most of my furniture in Tennessee.  Only so much stuff fits into a Honda Civic and a Ford Edge.  Downstairs there is no living room or dining room furniture.  There is no washing machine, but there is a dryer.  As a result, life is lived upstairs and in the kitchen.  In the past, I have often gone through my things believing that I had too much stuff.  Those times prepared me for leaving behind a lot in Tennessee.

In the midst of the challenges of less stuff, I feel like I am where God wants me.  That is a wonderful feeling!!!  I am finally a student at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.  I surprised Dr. Little during orientation.  While I was sitting on the front row of the group of apologetics and ethics students, he said hello and mentioned how he was surprised to not see me in Switzerland.  I was one of three ladies starting the Master of Divinity with Christian Apologetics program.  The majority of the students are married men.  I also was informed that I would not be able to be a professor at Southeastern unless I was teaching women's studies.  God knows why I am at the seminary.  Even though I may be in the minority, I know this is where I am to be.  I am taking Hermeneutics and Introduction to Christian Philosophy on Thursdays.  I have 6 hours of classes, but it does not feel that long.  The topics are a bit of review which helps my first semester as I am getting settled in a new place.

I have been challenged financially to trust God and thank God for provision even when I did not see the money right away.  I left Tennessee expecting two more paychecks from Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.  My first check was due on August 10th.  August 10th came and went with no paycheck directly deposited or mailed.  Come to find out that the paycheck was sitting in the call center for about a week and then finally mailed out this past Wednesday.  I received it in the mail today.  As a result, I am experiencing the grace from the seminary to pay rent late.  I have not bought much because all I have had was cash in my wallet.  God is good.  My Hermeneutics class requires a book which is able to be viewed online.  My Christian Philosophy class has a book I checked out from the library.  I was all set for classes on Thursday even without my paycheck.  God is my provider and sometimes he provides in ways we do not expect.

Now I am believing God for a job or jobs that take care of my needs.  I have an interview at a jewelry store on Monday.  We will see what happens.  In the meantime, I am taking time to rest.  I am spending time with God, reading, writing, listening to music, and watching movies before life becomes a bit busier.  God has given me time to rest after 6 day work weeks and moving from Tennessee.  

Well, this is what happens when I just write :)  I hope that you have enjoyed my update.

God bless you!

No comments: