I like to write a journal entry the eve of my birthday. This year I have chosen to post on my blog. I prefer right now to type than to write in my journal. Tomorrow I will be another year older. It is not the same as years past. I do not mind moving forward.
Looking back on the previous year, a lot has changed within me and with my circumstances. I moved from a townhome to a house and now across the street. Last year, I was on medication for anxiety and overwhelmed with my full schedule. Now I have learned to be more realistic, say no sometimes, and I am off of the medicine. This is the real me! I see in the coming year a new adventure. I graduate in the spring with my undergraduate degree with plans to attend graduate school in the fall to study philosophy. I have no idea where I want to be or which place will be the best fit. I will send out many applications and discover in the spring where I am accepted. I see more independence by moving in the summer to a place which is farther from my family. I could have graduated in December, but I decided to wait until the spring for many reasons. I believe that this will give me time to learn some more lessons, embrace some more changes, and experience some more growth before I embark on the next stage of this adventure called life. Thank you for joining me in this journey to the unkown ( at least part of it is unknown).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment