Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Streams of Water in the Desert

I am reminded this evening of God's faithfulness and his provision. God cares about little things like time spent between a father and his children with the provision of a snack. God cares about a lady wanting ice cream. God knows that people are cold and need heat. God knows that a girl has recently moved, broken up with her boyfriend, and in need of an additional job and cash. God knows that this girl's car needs repair. God knows.

I can easily forget that God knows. God also desires to be known. I need to lean on him, spend time with him, and trust him. Then I will see that God sees me, knows me, knows my situation, and will provide for my needs. I am also reminded that God provides my daily bread. God provides what I need today. Tomorrow is a new day. God will take care of tomorrow just as he has taken care of today. I just need to seek God's face, listen for his voice, and trust him.

God is all about producing streams of water in the desert. God is the only one who can be given credit for the miracle of water in the desert, and he desires to be glorified :)

No comments: